Army chief Rawat warns of another surgical strike if needed

26 September, New Delhi

 

The Chief of Army Staff Gen Bipin Rawat has said that surgical strikes on terror launch pads across the LoC could be repeated, if necessary.

Rawat speaking at a book launch function in New Delhi Monday said, the strike was a message India wanted to communicate to Pakistan.

Later, responding to a question on infiltration attempts, he said the cross-border infiltration is continued in Jammu and Kashmir because camps across the Line of Control, from where terrorists are being launched, are still operational. The Army Chief said the Indian Army is ready and it will neutralize the infiltrators.

Rawat said, the surgical strikes last year sent a message that India is a stronger nation and capable of taking decisions when time comes. Rawat’s predecessor Gen (retd) Dalbir Singh, who was the Army chief when surgical strikes were carried out, echoed similar views on their impact.

The surgical strikes on terror launch pads across the LoC were conducted on the intervening night of 28th and 29th September last year, following a militant attack on Uri Army camp that killed 19 soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *